Car Detailing like an Expert
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 09:21:38 GMT
What’s Car Detailing?
For those who might not be familiar with this term, car detailing is a top-to-bottom thorough cleaning of your vehicle using specialized tools and products. While a car wash is ordinarily the process of cleaning the exterior parts of a car through an automated system, professional car detailing is more labor-intensive as it involves cleaning both the exterior and interior parts by hand.
Steps for Car Detailing
A car detailing process involves two main phases: exterior detailing and interior detailing. Each of these phases utilizes different car detailing products and car detailing tools, hence should be done by a professional who understands the process:
Exterior Car Detailing
Professional exterior car detailing is not just a typical quick wash on your car’s exterior components. It comes with other benefits such as minimizing surface scratches, gleaming the vehicle, and applying shielding paint sealants.
Here are the steps involved in exterior cleaning and the products and tools used:
- Washing and Drying: The car detailer sprays the car using a specialized, high-powered spray. After that, they thoroughly hand-wash the car’s door jambs, glass, rims, and all the other exterior parts.
- Paint Claying: The detailer uses a clay bar to remove traces of overspray, impurities, and other residues that resistregular detergents.
- Polishing:An abrasive compound is applied to the car’s paint to clear any layers of coat. This removes all the swirls and small scratches in the paint.
- Sealing or Waxing: A sealant or wax is applied to the car to give it a glossy shine.
Interior Car Cleaning
Cleaning a cup on the outside is easy, but cleaning it on the inside takes more time and precision. In the same way, interior detailing takes more time and effort than exterior detailing. Here are the steps followed in interior detailing and the products and tools used:
- Vacuuming: The car detailer vacuums the seats, rear cargo area, shelf, trunk, and headliners. An air compressor is used for those areas that cannot be accessed using a vacuum.
- Brushing: A thorough scrubbing on the mats or carpets is done using a steam-cleaner to remove any blemishes and stains.
- Glass Cleaning: The car detailer uses a glass cleaner to clean the windshield and windows.
- Leather Trimming:If your car has some leather parts, a leather cleaner, leather soap, and saddle soap is used to clean these parts. Afterward, a damp cloth can be used to get rid of excess soap
- Perfuming: A deodorant is sprayed on the car to leave it smelling fresh and clean.
Car Detailing Prices
The price you pay for car detailing is dependent on many factors, such as size of car, type of details, car detailing products and tools to be used, and the reputation of a business.
The average price for a basic package that includes vacuuming, tire cleaning, window wash, trim cleaning, and waxing will be $ 50 to $ 75 for an average-sized vehicle. For an SUV or a van, the average cost is $75 to $150. For other upgraded packages, the price will rise depending on your needs.
Need Car Detailing Services? Let’s Talk!
If you’re seeking car detailing services, look no further than San Bernadino Window Tint. Our experts are committed to solving all your car detailing needs, and we have different packages you can choose from, all at budget-friendly prices.
Reach us now at (909) 323-2299, and we will be glad to serve you!